These smashed sweet potato guacamole bites have crispy sides with soft centers. Topped with a crispy piece of salty bacon, they're the perfect bite.
To learn more about this recipe, check out Gina's blog!
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
Extra-virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper
Juice of 1/2 a lime
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 jalapeño, minced
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
3 slices bacon, cooked
- Clean sweet potatoes, leaving skin on. Place in a large pot and cover with water. Boil potatoes for about 20 minutes, until tender.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Remove potatoes from water, slice into thick rounds (about 1/2 inch), and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Using a fork, gently smash the tops of the potatoes.
- Drizzle the potato rounds with olive oil and season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Place potatoes in the oven for 20 to 22 minutes, until the edges are crispy and starting to turn golden brown.
- While potatoes cook, combine the avocados, lime juice, garlic, jalapeño, and cilantro in a small bowl. Mash together until smooth.
- Chop the bacon into 1/2-inch pieces and set aside.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven, and top with a spoonful of the guacamole and a piece of bacon.
- Serve warm.
- Appetizers, Finger Foods
- North American
- 6 to 8 servings
- Total Time
- 49 minutes, 59 seconds