You won't be able to put your fork down, but that's OK! This tofu scramble is bursting with an addictive savory-sweet flavor, and since it's made with tofu, kale, and sweet potatoes, you can feel good reaching for seconds. At 264 calories per filling serving, this wholesome breakfast is full of fiber and has almost 20 grams of protein!
It's a cinch to whip up, and the savory flavor of the onions and cumin complement the sweet potatoes so perfectly. It's a match made in breakfast heaven and totally vegan, so it's healthy for anyone, especially those trying to cut down on fat and cholesterol. You can enjoy this warm recipe out of a bowl, or use it as a filling for a wrap to enjoy for an under 400-calorie lunch.
- 1 small sweet potato, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 14-ounce package extrafirm tofu, drained and crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 cups baby kale
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the sweet potato cubes in a large skillet, and cover with water. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium and simmer three minutes. Pour out all the water.
- Add the canola oil and onions. Sauté on medium-high heat for seven minutes. Add the crumbled tofu, garlic powder, cumin, salt, and turmeric. Cook for five or so minutes on medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Add the kale, top the skillet with a lid, lower the heat to simmer, and allow to steam for a few minutes or until the kale is tender.
- Makes two large servings. Below is the nutritional info for one serving.
Source: Calorie Count
- Potatoes, Breakfast/Brunch
- 2 servings
- Cook Time
- 40 min
- Calories per serving