If you're trying to give up dairy for health reasons, but you're worried you'll lose a significant amount of protein in your diet, these dairy-free energy bars offer over 10 grams of protein. They're totally vegan and made with just five ingredients (plus salt and cinnamon for flavor), and you can whip them up in less than 20 minutes.
These satisfyingly chewy bars are the perfect snack before or after a workout, but they taste so sweet and cookie-like, your taste buds will easily call them dessert. I'm surprised there were any left to photograph — it's amazing how crazy-good these are! If you're not a fan of chocolate, just leave out the drizzle, and you'll save 19 calories per bar.
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 5 ounces plant-based vanilla protein powder (I like Garden of Life Raw or Vega Performance Protein)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup dairy-free chocolate chips (optional)
- Prepare an eight-by-eight-inch square pan by lining it with parchment paper or cooking spray.
- Measure out 1/4 cup of the almonds, chop, and set aside for the topping.
- In a food processor, pour in the remaining 3/4 cup of almonds and the salt. Process until you have almond butter, or several minutes.
- Add the oats, protein powder, cinnamon, and maple syrup, and process until smooth.
- Press the mixture into the pan using the back of a spoon. Top with the chopped almonds, pressing those into the bars.
- Place the chocolate chips in a small glass bowl, and microwave until melted. Drizzle the chocolate over the bars, and allow to set in the fridge for 20 minutes before cutting.
- Store the uneaten bars in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Other, Snacks
- 12 bars
- Cook Time
- 20 minutes
- Calories per serving