Are you loving packing salads in mason jars for lunch? Even though you can layer the basic salad in a number of ways, using the same ingredients can get a little boring. Spice things up with this vegetarian taco salad.
The homemade cilantro-lime dressing gives this salad a fresh and zesty flavor perfect for the warmer weather. And for just over 450 calories, it offers almost 25 grams of both protein and fiber. Olé!
- Cilantro- lime dressing:
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Juice from one lime
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, loosely packed
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup corn
- 1/4 cup red pepper, diced
- 3 cups greens
- 1/4 avocado, diced
- 1 tablespoon shredded cheddar cheese
- Blend the ingredients for the salad dressing until smooth. Pour into the bottom of a quart-sized mason jar (wide-mouth works best for filling and eating out of).
- Then layer the ingredients in the order listed above — cucumbers, black beans, tomato, corn, red pepper, greens, avocado, then cheese.
- Secure the lid, and store in the fridge for up to five days. You can also pack a small container of tortilla chips to crumble on top when you're ready to eat.
Source: Calorie Count
- Salads, Main Dishes
- 1 serving
- Cook Time
- 20 mins
- Calories per serving