If you love a perfectly crafted yoga class, where one pose flows effortlessly into the next, here's a two-pose sequence you have to try. Dance-like and whimsical, Seated Straddle to Extended Fallen Star Pose will make you feel strong yet feminine. As a bonus, it's one of the best yoga poses for toning the arms and butt.
- Begin by sitting on the floor with the legs in a wide straddle. Fold forward without hunching your back, keeping the legs straight. Hold for five breaths.
- Lift up your torso and place your right hand on the floor behind you, fingertips pointing away from you.
- On an inhale, press into your heels and right hand, raising your hips into the air.
- Keep your legs straight if you can and extend the left hand overhead. Actively press into your feet and feel your glutes engaged.
- Hold here for five breaths, lower your hips to the floor, and repeat this pose with the your hand on the floor.