You Only Need to Do 10 Reps of This Move to Totally Work Your Body
If you thought burpees were hard, do we have a treat for you today. The man maker burpee adds in free weights, and has been called "the hardest burpee in the world," as it has the power to totally transform your body in a short amount of time.
Do just 10 of these, and you'll be exhausted — it's a total timesaver, and you'll get a superpowerful workout. All you'll need is a set of hand weights and some space to move.
- Start with a wide stance, toes slightly pointed out.
- Lower into a deep squat, grabbing your free weights with your hands.
- Walk or jump your feet back into plank position. Optional: do a push-up.
- From plank position, begin your row: with your core tight and your glutes engaged, exhale, stabilizing your torso as you lift your right elbow to row. Feel your right scapula sliding toward your spine as you bend your elbow up toward the ceiling.
- Keeping your neck long and energized, return the weight to the ground, and repeat the movement on your left side.
- Jump your feet back in toward the hands, drop your hips toward the ground, and lift your chest.
- In a squat, curl your weights into the chest, and stand.
- Do an overhead press by extending your arms above your head, weights in hand. Carefully lower the weights to the starting position.
- This completes one rep. Do one set of 10 reps.