Cable Machine Lat Pulldown
- Adjust the carriage so that it's at the top of the cable machine. Attach a triceps rope handle to the pulley on the carriage of a cable station. You should be facing the pulley.
- Next, select the amount of resistance you want — 10 to 20 pounds is a great starting point. As you begin to become more comfortable with the movement, feel free to increase the weight.
- Facing the pulley, grab the rope, and step approximately three feet away from the machine.
- With a slight bend in your knees, extend your arms, and lean your chest forward. With your core engaged, pull your elbows back as you lift your chest up. Be sure to keep your elbows in tight by your sides.
- Fully extend your arms, and return to the start position.