Single-Arm Cable Machine Row
- Adjust the carriage so that it's at the bottom of the cable machine. Attach a single handle to the pulley on the carriage of a cable station. You should be facing the pulley.
- Next, select the amount of resistance you want — 10 to 25 pounds is a great starting point. As you begin to become more comfortable with the movement, feel free to increase the weight.
- Facing the pulley, grab the handle with your right hand keeping your palm facing down. Step approximately three feet away from the machine. Come into a high lunge with your left leg in front. There should be a slight bend in your right leg.
- With your core engaged, pull your right arm back, keeping it close to your body. As you pull, turn your hand to the right so that your palm is facing your right side.
- With control, extend your arm forward, turning your palm back down.