This 2-Move, 10-Minute Workout Is All About Sculpting Yo Booty
We need to be honest right off the bat: this workout is intense. It's short and just two moves, but man, your lower body is going to be on fire. Grab a medium-size kettlebell (I used 26 pounds), set the timer for 10 minutes, and let's go!
These are the only two exercises you'll do:
Directions: This is a 10-20-30-40-50 rep workout. Do 10 kettlebell swings, 10 air squats, 20 kettlebell swings, 20 air squats, etc., until you finish with 50 air squats. It should take you around 10 to 13 minutes.
See below for instructions on how to do each move.
- Stand with your feet slightly wider than your shoulders, feet parallel or toes slightly turned out.
- Bend your knees, lowering your hips deeply. Bring your thighs parallel to the floor and bend the elbows, keeping weight back in your heels.
- Rise back up, straightening the legs completely, squeezing the glutes at the top of the movement to get the most out of the exercise.
- This completes one rep.
- Stand with your feet wider than hips-width apart, toes slightly pointing out. Squat down, and hold a kettlebell with both hands between your legs. Make sure your back is flat and your abs are engaged.
- As you inhale, press into your feet and explode up, straightening your legs and swinging the kettlebell in front, so your hands are in line with your shoulders. This is known as a Russian kettlebell swing. If this is easy, swing the bell all the way up overhead, performing an American kettlebell swing.
- Exhale, and with control, come back to the starting position, allowing the kettlebell to swing back between your legs.
- This counts as one rep. Keep in mind that all the power comes from the legs, not from the arms.