The Fastest Way to Get a Butt Lift
No matter what time of year, a lifted booty is always in season. It's time to dedicate a short strength-training session to your glorious glutes! After two rounds of this quick workout, your backside will be feeling the burn big time.
Exercise 1: Basic Squat With Side Leg Lift
Smooth out your lower love handles with this variation on the standard booty-burning squat.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width distance apart, feet parallel. Hold your hands out in front of you for balance. Bend your knees, lowering your hips deeply so your thighs are parallel with the floor, keeping your weight back in your heels.
- Then rise back up, straightening the legs completely and lifting the right leg out to the side, squeezing the outer glute.
- As you step the foot back into shoulder-width distance position, squat down again. Then stand up and do a side leg lift on the left side. Lower the leg back to the starting position.
- This counts as one rep. Perform as many controlled reps as you can for one minute.
Exercise 2: Alternating Curtsy Lunge
Target your outer tush and inner thighs with one easy-to-follow body-weight exercise.
- Start from standing, and step your left leg behind you and to the right so your thighs cross, bending both knees as if you were curtsying.
- Return to standing, and switch sides.
- Perform as many proper reps as possible for one minute.
Exercise 3: Deadlifts
When it comes to targeting your hamstrings, quads, and of course, your backside, this beginner-friendly move can't be beat. Grab your dumbbells for the next two moves!
- Stand upright holding a pair of medium-weight dumbbells in each hand, arms at your sides, with your knees slightly bent.
- Keeping your arms straight and knees slightly bent, slowly bend at the hips (not your waist) and lower the weights as far as possible without rounding your back, which should remain straight.
- Now squeeze your glutes to slowly pull yourself up (don't use your back).
- Do as many slow controlled reps as you can for one minute.
Exercise 4: Plié Squats
Strengthen your quads, hamstrings, glutes, and lower back with this challenging squat variation. Your dumbbells will strengthen your arms as you squat.
- Stand with your legs wide and your toes pointed outward slightly. Hold a pair of dumbbells in your hands with your arms straight and your palms facing down.
- Bend your knees until they are over your ankles while raising your arms to just below shoulder height. Your arms should be in line with your legs — you should see the weights in your peripheral vision.
- Straighten your legs and lower your arms simultaneously.
- Complete as many controlled reps as possible for one minute.
Exercise 5: Single-Leg Bridge Kicks
This move might remind you of one particular scene from Center Stage, but it helps you feel the burn in your backside and works your hamstrings, too.
- Lie on your back, and place your hands on the floor for stability as you bend one leg and lift the other leg off the ground.
- Pressing your heel into the floor, lift your pelvis up, keeping your body in a stiff bridge position.
- Slowly lower your body to the floor. This completes one rep.
- Repeat with one leg for 30 seconds, then switch sides and perform reps on your other leg for an additional 30 seconds.
Exercise 6: Superman
Hit the floor and take flight! The trusted Superman targets your back and backside.
- Lie on your belly, engage your abs, and extend your arms straight out in front of you.
- Lift your legs, arms, and chest off the floor. Hold for a count of 10, and then slowly release your body back to the floor.
- Perform as many reps as you can in one minute.
Once you've completed the circuit, stand back up and start with the first exercise again! Move through this whole workout one or two more times.