The Most Effective Yoga Pose For Chiseled Arms and a Flat Belly
If you've been to a yoga class, you know how intense this pose is. It intensively works your abs, back, upper arms, and shoulders all at the same time. It's a toughie, but once you get the right technique and you practice it a lot, it'll get easier.
Sanskrit Name: Chaturanga Dandasana
English Translation: Four-Limbed Staff Pose
- From Standing Forward Bend pose, inhale, straighten your arms and back, and look up. Bend your knees slightly and step or jump both feet back so you're in a top of a push-up position with your shoulders directly above your wrists.
- As you exhale, bend your elbows straight behind you so they brush against the sides of your body, lowering into Four-Limbed Staff.
- Keep your torso parallel to the ground and your shoulders parallel with your elbows. If that's too difficult, rest one or both knees on the mat.
- Draw your navel in toward your spine to protect your lower back, holding for five breaths.
- For even more of a challenge, straighten your arms to press back up to a plank position, and lower down again into Chaturanga for another five breaths. Repeat one more time and you'll really work your core and upper body!
Want to chisel your arms and core even more? Instead of doing regular vinyasa in your yoga class, incorporate these Chaturanga Push-Ups.