- Lie down on your stomach with your legs in a V position and the tops of your feet flat on the floor. Tuck your tail between your legs and glue your pubic bone to the floor. Tighten your torso to pull your belly button away from the floor.
- Take the Pilates ring into your hands and extend it out in front of you like a steering wheel. Place your hands on the top of the ring, with either straight or bent elbows. (Bent elbows will enable you to lift up higher.)
- Push down on the ring and squeeze until it looks like an oval, then lift your chest off the ground until you are levitating. Once your chest is lifted, your arms should be straight and your abdominals should be pulled tight.
- Slowly descend to the floor without collapsing.
- Maintain a long neck in the front and back. This exercise is about how well you can articulate not looking forward, so work to keep your chin from jetting out.
- Move to a Child's pose after to counter the move.
- If you feel like you need to come out of the exercise immediately, your body needs to warm up more.
- Do up to five reps. For a bonus challenge, hold steady in the swan for 10 seconds.
Click here for more health and wellness stories, tips, and news.