The official first day of Fall may not be until Sept. 22, but Whole Foods is already out here making our wildest pumpkin-spice-loving dreams come true. The food retailer just casually began selling pumpkin spice whipped cream this August, and, um, kindly pardon me while I wipe up the puddle of drool that just formed on my lap from the mere thought of this sweet concoction.
This limited-edition whipped cream — or whipped topping, as it's technically called — hails from Whole Foods's in-house brand, 365 Everyday Value. It was first spotted by Instagram user markie_devo, who shared a picture of the pumpkin spice flavor alongside cans of a seemingly new and equally as tempting maple vanilla flavor. According to the packaging, the seven-ounce bottles from the heavens are "made with real cream" and "naturally flavored," though no specific nutritional information was mentioned or pictured.
Below is just a sampling of the items I'll be squirting generous servings of this stuff on top of:
- Heaping stacks of pancakes or waffles
- My nightly bowl of ice cream
- Pumpkin Spice Lattes and iced coffees from Starbucks, because there's no such thing as too much pumpkin spice
- My Aunt Cathy's pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving, for reasons noted above
- Oh, and yes, I'll also be enjoying this stuff straight from the can
See below for live footage of me in the checkout aisle of Whole Foods as soon as I get my hands on one of these cans: