Creative holiday dessert ideas abound on TikTok, but melted snowman cookies are a definite standout this season. Our FYPs are currently filled with videos of bakers transforming their regular ol' sugar cookies into thawing snowmen à la Frosty, complete with marshmallow heads and edible buttons. The festive concept has been around for years, gracing Pinterest boards galore, but is currently experiencing renewed popularity on social media. The recipe is super easy and kid-friendly — just follow the step-by-step directions below:
- Bake a batch of round sugar cookies using store-bought or homemade dough, and let them cool.
- Spread store-bought or homemade white icing on top of each cookie to create the snowman's melted body. (To make a simple icing from scratch, combine powdered sugar and lukewarm water until a desired thickness is achieved.)
- Cut marshmallows in half and use black and orange icing to create the eyes, mouth, and nose. Stick the marshmallows on the iced cookies.
- Draw on stick arms with black or brown icing, and add buttons with either icing or mini chocolate candies like M&M's.
- Snap a photo of your melted snowman cookies, and enjoy!
While this is the main recipe TikTok creators are following, other fun decorating variations have popped up, from substituting in pretzel sticks for snowman arms and spraying on edible glitter to adding a red icing scarf around the marshmallow's base. The options are endless when it comes to jazzing up these treats. Read ahead to check out some of the cutest melted snowman cookies we've seen yet for all the baking inspiration you need.