Will the Starbucks Witch's Brew Frappuccino Put a Spell on You? Here's How It Tastes
Starbucks is back this year with another eye-catching Halloween Frappuccino, and was there ever really any doubt? Following the craze surrounding last year's Zombie Frappuccino, Starbucks has announced a new Witch's Brew Frappuccino. The bright purple drink consists of toad's breath, bat warts, and lizard scales. Just kidding — the ingredients actually include orange crème, chia seeds, and whipped cream with a dusting of green powder for decoration.
Now, we'll get to the real reason you likely clicked into this story: how does it taste? The Frappuccino primarily elicited comparisons to orange creamsicles, Fruity Pebbles, and even those Flintstones Chewable Vitamins made for kids. We polled a few POPSUGAR editors on their initial reaction to the Frappuccino. Here they are below:
- "It's straight orange creamsicle."
- "I like it . . . because I like orange creamsicles. It tastes like the Stewart's orange and cream soda."
- "It's like they melted a creamsicle and dyed it purple. I like the chia seeds, they add a good texture, but I wouldn't drink an entire thing of it."
- "It's not as bad as I would've expected. It does taste a lot like Fruity Pebbles to me."
- "It tastes like Fruity Pebbles, but then the orange comes through at the end."
- "It reminds me of those Flintstones push pops!"
- "Flintstones vitamins! It's not that bad — I like the taste of vitamins."
- "It totally tastes like the Fruity Pebbles cereal. I still taste it in my mouth and . . . yep."
- "Damn, Starbucks is doing the most."
The Witch's Brew Frappuccino will be available now — but for a limited time — at Starbucks locations throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, and select locations in the Caribbean.