Last Spring, Target revealed plans for a dramatic store overhaul intended to make it easier to run quick errands and more inspiring to shop Target's exclusive fashion and product collections. Today, the mega retailer revealed images of its first store built from the ground up, located outside Houston, TX. And it's impressive, to say the least. In a recent blog post on its corporate site, Target summarized that the enhancements in its next generation of stores "combine the best of our digital and technology upgrades, elevated merchandise presentations and fulfillment services to make shopping fast, efficient and fun — bringing guests more of what they already love about Target."
The thoughtful new design features include . . .
- Two entrances: one for quick trips has groceries front and center while the second entrance for leisurely shopping is filled with inspiring product displays
- Dedicated nursing rooms tucked into fitting-room complexes
- More design features and space dedicated to highlighting elaborate product displays, including a curved center aisle
- Fashion-focused style hubs complete with beauty products, jewelry, and accessories merchandised in inviting ways
- Parking spaces outside for "drive-up" service, where a Target team member will bring online orders directly to your car, as well as a pick-up counter inside for easy access to online orders
- A beautiful food and beverage department with groceries as well as grab-and-go snacks
Check out images of the brand-new Houston-area store ahead. Then, look for next-generation store upgrades coming to a store near you, as Target plans to update more than 1,000 stores by 2020.