Free Apps Essential to Surviving Black Friday
Ever wish you could take on Black Friday with a secret weapon? One that would help you brave the crowds and come out victorious? Well, we've got, not one, but five of 'em to help you out! After you've stuffed yourself with turkey, load up on these apps that will make your shopping experience not just tolerable but enjoyable. Bring on the challenge!
- ShopSavvy — Scan a bar code to see if the product you're about to buy is actually discounted. ShopSavvy scans available prices for identical products online and in nearby stores, so you can see if you're getting the best deal.
- Aisle411 — Android and iPhone users can get custom views of participating stores with Aisle411 to help you find what you're looking for fast. Or at least faster than the folks that don't run to the electronics section. Also included is a list maker, so you know what to grab.
- BuyVia's Black Friday 2014 — BuyVia has a standard, Black Friday, and Cyber Monday app (available for Android and iOS), each of which compares prices at different stores. This one even alerts you to real-time deals on desired products, so you're one of the first to know about a discount.
- Shopkick — For all the shopping you're doing, you might as well get some rewards. Shopkick (available for Android and iOS) has partnered with stores like Macy's, Best Buy, and Target to not only help you discover the best products available but to also give you points just for walking into the store or making purchases. You can then redeem points for gift cards. Score!
- POPSUGAR Gift Guide — Before you even hit the sales, come up with a gifting game plan with POPSUGAR's very own gift guide app. Here you'll find gift suggestions for anyone and everyone, from your friend that thinks she's a real-life mermaid to the foodie with a DIY habit.