In 2012, Michelle Obama invited several well-known people:
- Mark Kelly, US astronaut, husband of US Rep. Gabby Giffords, and gun control advocate
- Laurene Powell Jobs, a philanthropist and the widow of Steve Jobs
- Mike Krieger, the cofounder of Instagram
- Debbie Bosanek, Warren Buffett's secretary who paid 35.8 percent in taxes compared to Buffett's 17.4 percent
- Julian Castro, mayor of San Antonio, TX
- Navy Adm. William McRaven, United States Special Operations Command
- Air Force Col. Ginger Wallace, an openly gay service member
The guest list reflected priorities including immigration, gun control, innovation, income inequality, and gay rights.
Read More State Of The UnionNewsPoliticsMichelle Obama
What’s Your Reaction?