Sophia Lillis has garnered fame thanks to her breakout role in It, and she's just getting started. The rising star, who plays Beverly Marsh in the horror film, has already signed on for a couple of other projects, including one with Amy Adams. Keep reading to get to know the breakout star before she blows up.
- She's 15 years old. Sophia was born on Feb. 12, 2002, in Brooklyn, NY. She studied acting at the Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute in Manhattan and her career began after one of her teachers recommended her to a friend who was shooting a thesis film.
- Her favorite actors are Bill Murray and Steve Martin. "I'm still really into Bill Murray," she told Issue magazine in September. "Steve Martin, I definitely love the comedians."
- She's drawn to darker films. "Every single role that I've had I have, like, horrible parents," she told EW in September. "Sharp Objects definitely has a darker theme to it and I have an abusive mother, so that's great. I am drawn to those things. I don't mind."
- There's a slight chance you've seen her before. Before her big break in It, Sophia made appearances in the 2016 drama 37 and the 2013 short The Lipstick Stain.
- You'll be seeing a lot more of her soon. While she won't be appearing in the It sequel due to the the time jump that takes the narrative from the 1950s to 1989, Sophia will be starring in the upcoming short Tiny Mammals and will also be appearing as a younger version of Amy Adams's character in HBO's Sharp Objects.