20 Facts About Prince George That Will Make You Love Him Even More
As the adorable Prince George waves goodbye to Germany and celebrates his fourth birthday, what better reason than to commemorate the occasion than a roundup of everything we know about the young royal so far?
All About George
- His full name is His Royal Highness Prince George Alexander Louis of Cambridge.
- He likes thunderstorms, but according to mom Kate he would be scared of a 25-foot tall plastic dragon that she encountered on one of her engagements.
- He has attended 17 royal engagements: three Trooping the Colour balcony appearances, a trip to the Royal International Air Tattoo, three each in New Zealand, Australia, and Canada, and two each in Poland and Germany.
- On a trip to a local farm shop, Kate bought her son a meringue.
- Inheriting a Middleton tradition, he also bakes at home with Kate.
Great-Grandma, We Love You
- George calls the queen "Gan Gan", and William has revealed that he makes things for his great-grandmother instead of buying her presents.
Good Evening, Mr. President
- For a 4-year-old, George has friends in high places . . . Barack and Michelle Obama once gave him a rocking horse.
- When he met the president at Kensington Palace, it was revealed that George has a monogrammed dressing gown.
- George has already been on his first skiing holiday.
- He is also following in another royal tradition and has started riding lessons.
- Prince George loves animals, and as well as growing up with Cocker Spaniel Lupo, he also has a hamster named Marvin.
- When he went to the Natural History Museum, he was more interested in the pigeons than the exhibits.
- He and Princess Charlotte were very excited waiting for the chicks to hatch at Anmer Hall.
Father and Son
- Just like his father, George loves airplanes and got to sit in a Red Arrows cockpit last year.
- Sometimes George is bothered by the crowds – as seen when he went to visit Princess Charlotte at the hospital for the first time, at her Christening, and in Germany recently – but dad William is always on hand for a reassuring kiss and a cuddle.