The 20 Greatest '90s Pop Culture Costumes for Best Friends
If you're lucky enough to be spending Halloween with your best friend, why not dress up together? There are so many costumes to chose from this year, but if you're a sucker for nostalgia, the '90s should be the first place you look. Out of all the best '90s costumes out there, we've narrowed down the greatest looks for best friends. Prepare for everyone to be jealous of your sweet threads!
Cory and Shawn From Boy Meets World
- What to wear for Cory: Go with light-colored jeans, an argyle sweater that your grandma probably got you, and a white undershirt.
- What to wear for Shawn: You're cooler, so your jeans are light grey, you have a tropical shirt on, an undershirt, and a gold chain.
- How to act: Like you're plotting to put one over on Mr. Feeny or how to ask Topanga to prom.
Thelma and Louise From Thelma and Louise
- What to wear for Thelma: Sunglasses, light boot-cut jeans, and a graphic black tank top.
- What to wear for Louise: Blue jeans, a white tank top, and a cowboy hat with a handkerchief tied around your neck. Get dusty.
- How to act: You're on the run, so act like convicts, but of the freewheeling feminist variety.
Beavis and Butt-Head From Beavis and Butt-Head
- What to wear for Butt-Head: Red shorts, a black AC/DC t-shirt, and a slicked-back rockabilly hairstyle. Bonus points for fake braces.
- What to wear for Beavis: Gray shorts and a blue Metallica shirt; tease your blond hair up.
- How to act: Just get the laugh down, and you're golden. Heh, heh, heh.
Lloyd and Harry From Dumb and Dumber
- What to wear for Lloyd: An orange suit, complete with matching hat and ruffle dress shirt. Don't forget your cane.
- What to wear for Harry: Same as above, only in powder blue.
- How to act: Like an idiot, but an idiot who thinks he's really intelligent.
Mike and Trent From Swingers
- What to wear for either: The best suit you got, baby.
- How to act: People aren't necessarily going to get it from the suits, so this one's really all about the attitude. All you need to know is that you're so money.
Alex and Annie Mack From The Secret World of Alex Mack
- What to wear for Alex: A white t-shirt with denim overalls, a backward cap, and a flannel button-down tied around your waist. Add long straight hair and sneakers.
- What to wear for Annie: Casual '90s work-wear, but with a lab coat on top. Don't forget your metallic lipstick.
- How to act: Like you have secret hidden powers and can turn into a viscous puddle at the mere thought of it.
Will and Carlton From The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
- What to wear for Will: An oversize windbreaker and some slammin' '90s jeans.
- What to wear for Carlton: Black pants, white dress shirt, and a classic tennis sweater.
- How to act: If you're Will, like you're the coolest dude ever. If you're Carlton, like you're pretty much not the coolest dude ever.
Jay and Silent Bob From Mallrats
- What to wear for Jay: Baggy pants; large black t-shirt, preferably with something offensive on it; yellow parka; and a black beanie. You also might need a long blond wig.
- What to wear for Silent Bob: Sport some facial hair (if you can), put on a backward white hat, a black t-shirt, and a big coat.
- How to act: If you're Jay, you're angry and loud. Swear a lot. Silent Bob is pretty self-explanatory.
Wayne and Garth From Wayne's World
- What to wear for Wayne: Black Converse sneakers, old ripped jeans, a long brown wig, a black t-shirt, and a black Wayne's World hat.
- What to wear for Garth: Black Converse sneakers, washed-out jeans, a white band t-shirt under a blue plaid shirt with rolled-up sleeves, a shaggy blond wig, and black-rimmed glasses.
- How to act: Ask people if they want to come to your basement and be a guest star on your show. At some point you're going to have to sing "Bohemian Rhapsody."
Zack, Screech, and Slater From Saved by the Bell
- What to wear for Zack: Two words: frosted tips. Once you've got that, throw in a pair of high-tops and a button-down denim shirt (tucked in, Preppy).
- What to wear for Screech: Pull your baggy printed pants up with some suspenders and wear a loud button-down underneath.
- What to wear for Slater: Acid-wash jeans, a black t-shirt, and a colorful button-down with the sleeves rolled up to show off your muscles.
- How to act: Like you're dodging Mr. Belding.
Dionne and Cher From Clueless
- What to wear for Cher: A yellow plaid skirt and matching blazer, white button-down top and knee-highs, and black patent leather Mary Janes.
- What to wear for Dionne: A black-and-white plaid skirt with matching blazer, white button-down top and knee-highs, black patent leather Mary Janes, and a giant plastic dome-shaped hat. Also, long braids.
- How to act: Like you're the most popular girls at the party. Be on the lookout for Baldwins. Avoid Barneys.
The Sanderson Sisters From Hocus Pocus
- What to wear for Winifred: Long green robes, big red hair, and lipstick on the center of your upper and lower lips. Carry a broom.
- What to wear for Mary: A red dress and robe, crazy-big hair, and a crooked smile. Carry a vacuum cleaner.
- What to wear for Sarah: A low-cut dress and purple robe, long and teased blonde hair, and a choker. Carry a mop.
- How to act: Evil, sadistic, and a bit ditzy (if you're Sarah). Do lots of cackling and sneering at children.
Bill and Ted
- What to wear for Bill: White Converse sneakers, crumpled pants, a purple patterned windbreaker, and a blond curly wig.
- What to wear for Ted: Blue Converse sneakers, a "Save the Humans" sticker on your rolled-up pants, a white band t-shirt under a vest, and a red jacket.
- How to act: Like everything is rad. Just nod a lot and say "righteous!"
Scully and Mulder From The X-Files
- For Scully: A chin-length red wig, a black blazer, a black pencil skirt, heels, and a white button-down shirt. Add an FBI badge to make sure everyone knows who you are.
- For Mulder: A black suit and a brown wig. Carry around a badge with his character's name, or a poster that says "I Want to Believe."
- How to act: Suspicious of EVERYTHING.
- What to wear for Tionne "T-Boz" Watkins: A bright, baggy shirt with even brighter pants. Add a short wig; two bang strands hanging down is a must.
- What to wear for Rozonda "Chilli" Thomas: The brightest, baggiest clothes you can find. Long, curly black hair is a must.
- What to wear for Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes: Again, bright baggy clothes, suspenders, and a backward cap. A patch or black mark under your eye is a must.
- How to act: Like the dopest girl group of the decade; harmonize "Waterfalls" and "Creep" as you see fit.
Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn
- What to wear for Tom: Black jacket, tan shirt, brown pants. Everything should be oversize and dirty. Bring a paintbrush as a prop.
- What to wear for Huck: An all-brown ensemble of pants, jacket, and shirt. Rub some dirt all over you.
- How to act: Like you're in big trouble. Ask people where the graveyard is.
Romy and Michele From Romy and Michele's High School Reunion
- What to wear for Michele: An iridescent pink dress with feather trim. Must accessorize with a high half-ponytail, pink wedges, a pink clutch, and a choker.
- What to wear for Romy: A supershort, shiny blue spandex dress with silver heels.
- How to act: Be proud of the fact that you invented Post-it notes.
Legends of the Hidden Temple
- What to wear: A yellow helmet, kneepads and elbow pads, khaki shorts, and either a red, green, purple, orange, gray, or blue shirt with the coordinating stenciled animal symbols on them.
- How to act: Excited but scared, like something could jump out at you any minute.
Agent K and Agent J From Men in Black
- What to wear for either: Black suits, obviously. Make sure your ties are skinny and that they match your cool black shades. Don't forget your memory-eraser thingy.
- How to act: Be suspicious of everyone, and pretend like the world is in danger.
Jane and Daria From Daria
- What to wear for Jane: A severe black bob, a red jacket, a black-and-white v-neck, and gray shorts with black leggings and combat boots.
- What to wear for Daria: Round glasses, a mustard-yellow shirt under a green jacket, and a pleated black skirt. Army boots, laced all the way up.
- How to act: Like you're pissed you missed a Sick Sad World marathon for this lame party.