Each and Every Hint the American Horror Story Cast Has Given Us About Season 6
If you're an American Horror Story fan, you know the struggle. Each season wraps up and the hunt for hints about the next season begins. It's a largely fruitless affair, until Ryan Murphy finally decides to throw us a bone about which we can endlessly speculate. At this point, this premiere is on Wednesday night and we can still only theorize about small details. Right now we're in the torturous waiting phase, and FX is determined to keep everything under wraps until the premiere. We know who is returning from the cast, but can only guess what the theme will be. For your sanity's sake, we'll be rounding up the hints that each cast member has given us about the upcoming season — big and small, as long as they're concrete. So far, there are very few, and season six is coming today!
- During the show's PaleyFest panel in March, Murphy hinted that he's been working on two ideas for the next season, but he thinks he knows which is the winner. "Both things that we're writing right now — we haven't yet declared the winner — will have a different form than we've ever done, so we're excited about that," he said. "We'll talk about it soon, but we haven't landed on it."
- Whichever one Murphy goes with, he knows it will involve "elements of children," as he said at PaleyFest.
- He also teased more possible crossovers between seasons: "The deeper that we go into the series — hopefully we'll last decades and decades — you will see that there's a definite universe and all the worlds are collided, sometimes in a very bizarre, interesting way. You will be seeing more and more of that as we go along."
- Bassett was the first cast member confirmed for the upcoming season. She spilled to Entertainment Weekly about what she's learned from creator Ryan Murphy: "He did tell me at the Golden Globes that I would imbibe a little bit too much and yet I was very inuitive also and maybe Sarah [Paulson] was somehow the boss of me."
- When asked to describe her character, Paulson dropped the following hints: "Real. Live. Human. And you're gonna see what I mean when you see it."
- Evan Peters is extremely good at keeping secrets to himself. During a recent interview, denied that he had any information approximately two dozen times. He did, however, confirm that he dyed his hair red for his role on the show.