14 Halloween Costume Ideas From American Horror Story: Hotel
American Horror Story is a goldmine of Halloween inspiration, and it's no wonder that we're still drooling over some of the latest looks from Hotel. Last season introduced characters with lavish style (like the Countess) and some that are straight-up trainwrecks (looking at you, Hypodermic Sally). Like Freak Show, basically all the characters would make great Halloween costumes. Here are some of the best options, and if they don't do it for you, check out costumes inspired by Roanoke!
- What to wear: A sharp suit with a pocket square, a cane, and a pencil mustache.
- How to act: Like a psychopathic murderer trapped in a classy society man's body.
- What to wear: A purple velvet dress, a big leopard overcoat, a choker, and lots of makeup.
- How to act: Like a junkie who is also a ghost trapped in an old hotel.
Detective John Lowe
- What to wear: Black pants and shirt with a brown jacket and a furrowed brow.
- How to act: Like you're trying to track down a twisted murderer, and you're not sure if you keep seeing your missing son.
- What to wear: All black with seriously slicked-back hair.
- How to act: Like a cranky vampire whose girlfriend just upgraded for a better model. Bonus points if you can recruit a couple of creepy blond kids to follow you around all night.
- What to wear: A white shirt with a burgundy vest, a scarf, and oversized glasses.
- How to act: Like you're trying to protect your vampire son from the evils that surround him.
- What to wear: All black with some long necklaces, a silver jacket, bleached hair, and big white-framed sunglasses.
- How to act: Like you're jonesing for your next fix.
- What to wear: A maid's costume, similar to Moira's from season one, except way less slutty.
- How to act: Like you would do anything to please your boss, Mr. March.
- What to wear: A colorful frock and shawl with lots of eyeliner and, preferably, a bald head.
- How to act: Like the strong, silent type. You'd probably be the bartender.
- What to wear: A dress or sensible pants-sweater combo under a white doctor's coat.
- How to act: Like your son has been missing for years and your marriage has reached a breaking point.
- What to wear: A fashionable suit, complete with a tan overcoat, a trendy scarf, and glasses.
- How to act: Like you own the place.
- What to wear: A blue dress, peach sweatshirt, and sneakers.
- How to act: Like you may have just run into your long-lost brother in a creepy old hotel.
- What to wear: All black with a puffy floral jacket, spiked hair with a colorful streak, and guyliner.
- How to act: Like a spoiled model who just became a vampire.
- What to wear: A blue jumpsuit and a colorful faux fur jacket.
- How to act: We have't actually met Ramona yet, so stay tuned!
- What to wear: A long, elegant purple dress with silver gloves and Old Hollywood-style hair and makeup.
- How to act: Like you've been alive for way too many decades, and you're on the prowl for a new mate.