Dip your fruit in dark chocolate and crunchy almonds for these bite-sized Banana Split Kebabs, via PaleoHacks!
If you're a fan of banana splits, you're going to love this recipe! Large chunks of fruit are coated in liquid chocolate and sprinkled with chopped nuts. They make a perfect dessert for entertaining, and only take 20 minutes to prep!
Cubed bananas combine with juicy strawberries and pineapple for an extra dose of fruity flavor. The outside is coated with dark chocolate and crunchy almonds for a decadent boost of antioxidants. Along with its natural sweetness, this recipe is completely gluten-free, Paleo friendly, and dairy-free.
To get started, thread each stick with one pineapple cube, a slice of banana, and a whole strawberry. Set the skewers aside and begin melting the dark chocolate using a double boiler. Whisk the chocolate for three minutes, or until melted.
Next, dip each fruit skewer lengthwise into the melted chocolate on one side. Coat the chocolate part with chopped almonds, and let it set for a minute or two before serving.
- 12 small strawberries, leaves removed
2 medium bananas, cut into 3-inch cubes
1 small pineapple, cut into 3-inch cubes
1 cup dark chocolate
1 cup raw almonds, chopped
12 kebab sticks
- Thread each stick with a pineapple cube, banana slice, and a whole strawberry.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a double boiler. Once the chocolate is melted, set aside and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Dip each fruit skewer lengthwise into the melted chocolate on one side. Coat the chocolate side with chopped almonds and place chocolate-side up on a plate to set.
- Once the chocolate hardens, serve immediately, or place in a container to chill in the refrigerator.
- North American
- 12 kebabs
- Total Time
- 19 minutes, 59 seconds