With just four ingredients and two steps for the base recipe, this creamy coconut chia seed delight takes seconds of preparation — and zero culinary skill. I started making this recipe at home a couple years ago, and it has quickly become my go-to breakfast and dessert because it's just so easy (and I can be just so lazy). Stir it up before you go to bed, and chill it all night, so you can wake up to a cool, filling treat. Top it with berries, mangoes, nuts, or whatever your chia-loving heart desires.
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 1/3 cup chia seeds, white or black
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon honey (or maple syrup or agave nectar)
- Fresh fruit (I use berries and sometimes mangoes)
- Coconut shreds or chips
- Sliced almonds
- Stir all ingredients in a bowl. You can add more sweetener to taste, if you'd like (this recipe is mildly sweet).
- Chill for at least 2 hours, but overnight if possible. When you take your pudding out, make sure it has a thick consistency and the chia seeds have gelled.
- This one is topped with unsweetened coconut flakes, mixed berries, and sliced almonds, for added sweetness, crunch, and flavor.
Source: Calorie Counter
- 4 servings
- Cook Time
- 2 minutes prep, 2 hours chill time
- Calories per serving
- 178 calories per serving (pudding only, toppings not included)