Blueberry Banana Spinach Pancakes
Leprechaun-Approved Blueberry-Banana — and Spinach! — Pancakes
If you're into throwing greens in your smoothie and greens in your muffins, then you'll love this recipe that adds spinach to your pancakes. Although the greens add a slightly teal earthy hue, they also add fiber, calcium, iron, vitamin A, vitamin K, and folate.
The best part is that you can't even taste the spinach since it's mingling with blueberry, bananas, and a touch of maple syrup. This just may become your new favorite pancake recipe, and you'll wonder why never thought to add spinach to your stack before.
Banana Spinach Pancakes
From Jenny Sugar, POPSUGAR Fitness
1 cup raw spinach, packed
1/2 cup blueberries
1 cup soy milk
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Banana cream sauce:
1 banana, mashed
6-ounce cup vanilla nonfat Greek yogurt
1/8 cup soy milk
- Puree the spinach, banana, blueberries, soy milk, and syrup in a blender. Pour into a medium-sized bowl and stir in the egg.
- In a small bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients together. Pour dry ingredients into the wet mixture, mixing thoroughly.
- Place a skillet over medium heat and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- While the pan is heating up, mix together the mashed banana, yogurt, and soy milk in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Drop 1/4 cup of the batter on the pan per pancake. Cook until bubbly, about 1 1/2 minutes. Flip and continue cooking until golden brown. Makes 12 pancakes.
- Place three pancakes on a plate and pour 1/4 of the banana sauce on top. Serves four.
Source: Calorie Count
- Breakfast/Brunch, Pancakes/Waffles
- North American
- 12 pancakes
- Total Time
- 19 minutes, 59 seconds
- Calories per serving
- 303 per three-pancake serving