Cinnamon buns are tempting, but one large roll from the mall is a whopping 880 calories, 17 grams of saturated fat, and 59 grams of sugar! If you're craving all the flavors of the classic, then try blending up this fiber- and fruit-filled smoothie that's less than a quarter of the calories, with hardly any saturated fat whatsoever.
If your days of calorie bombs and sugar crashes are in the past (or you want them to be!), try this simple-to-make smoothie recipe.
- 1 frozen banana, cut into four pieces
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- Cinnamon stick, for garnish
- Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth, and add more almond milk if necessary.
- Pour into a tall glass, add the cinnamon stick for garnish, and enjoy.
Makes one serving.
Source: Calorie Count
- Drinks, Smoothies
- Serves 1
- Calories per serving