When it comes to weight loss, pizza might seem off-limits, but you can eat everyone's favorite food in the morning — just cook up this cute English-muffin pizza. If you loved snacking on Bagel Bites as a kid, you'll love this much lighter grown-up version that's fit for breakfast. With just five ingredients and 15 minutes in the kitchen, you can enjoy a hearty and satisfying protein-packed meal that will keep you full until lunch rolls around.
- 1 whole-wheat English muffin, split
1 small tomato, seeded and diced
1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 thin slice (1/2 ounce) Canadian bacon, diced
1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
Chopped fresh basil, optional garnish
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Line a small baking sheet with foil.
- Place the English muffin halves cut-side up on the baking sheet. Top each with tomato and drizzle with the olive oil. Sprinkle the Canadian bacon over the tomatoes, then top with the mozzarella.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and beginning to brown. Remove from the oven, and sprinkle with basil.
Source: Calorie Count
- North American
- Makes 1 breakfast sandwich
- Total Time
- 14 minutes, 59 seconds
- Calories per serving