Yes, we're officially one week into the New Year, but that doesn't mean your only opportunity to set a healthy resolution is in the past. Make these small changes to your lifestyle and start seeing (and feeling) big results in 2016!
- Add intervals: Maximize your cardio with intervals. Playing with the speed burns more calories than working at a steady pace and it also revs up your metabolism.
- Ditch dairy: Eliminating dairy from your diet can make a big difference in your health. If you can't say goodbye forever, try eating it at only one meal a day.
- Lift more: Grabbing heavier weights can be the swift kick your muscles need to show off your strong and toned physique. Don't be afraid to up the ante.
- Cut the condiments: Save tons of calories from your meal by cutting out mayo, ketchup, or fatty salad dressing. Sub these healthier condiments instead.
- Try a new class: CrossFit? Bikram? Krav Maga? Try something new to keep your body guessing and see results sooner.
- Drink more water: From boosting your metabolism to improving your immunity, water is the one elixir you need more of in 2016. Make a point to sip all day.
- Make a homemade breakfast: Take the time to enjoy a healthy recipe in the morning, or make these breakfasts in advance to grab when you're on the go.
- Eat more protein: This macronutrient makes a huge difference when it comes to losing weight and staying energized. Make sure you're getting enough every day.
- Skip the second cup: Bow out of your second cup of coffee, and start opting for green tea instead. Your body will thank you later in the night!
- Plan on Sunday: Pencil in your workouts for the week on Sunday evening. You're much more likely to make them happen if a plan in already in place.
- Make over your desk: Before you head home every night, take a few minutes to clean up and declutter. Keeping your workspace Zen keeps you more productive at the office.
- Choose color: Add colorful fruits and veggies to every meal. You'll be fueling your body with quality nutrition and building a healthy (delicious) lifestyle.
- Tack on 10 minutes: You don't need to reinvent the wheel at every workout. Simply tack on an additional 10 minutes to your cardio and strength-training plan to challenge your body.
- Say yes: Whether it's a new ingredient, intimidating class, or glass of green juice, just say yes. You'll never know until you try.
- Get to bed: Hit the hay earlier, and make sure you're getting at least seven hours of sleep every night. You'll start waking up feeling fabulous, energized, and ready to embrace the day.
Image Source: POPSUGAR Photography