Lemon Roasted Chicken
Day 2 Dinner: Lemon Chicken + Roasted Squash and Cauliflower
Lemon Chicken + Roasted Squash and Cauliflower
From C&J Nutrition
- 1 whole bone-in, skin-on chicken breast (Vegetarian swap: 3/4 block remaining firm tofu, drained and pressed)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
1 clove garlic, chopped
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 head cauliflower, cut into florets
1/2 medium red onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (you’ll use 1 1/2 cups cubed butternut squash for this recipe)
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Combine 2 teaspoons olive oil with garlic, thyme, oregano, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Rub olive oil seasoning mixture on the top and under the skin of the chicken (or tofu). Place your protein on the baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss cauliflower florets and butternut squash with remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil. Once chicken has cooked for 15 minutes, remove the baking sheet from the oven and add the cauliflower and butternut squash, spacing them evenly around the chicken.
- Bake for an additional 20 minutes (adding tofu for last five minutes of roasting) or until chicken is cooked through to 165ºF. Serve butternut squash and cauliflower with half the meat from the chicken breast (or half the tofu). Store the remaining chicken breast/tofu in the refrigerator for use in lunch on Day 3.
Protein: 34.8 g
Carbohydrate: 38.6 g
Dietary Fiber: 8.867 g
Total Sugars: 10.4 g
Total Fat: 26 g
Saturated Fat: 4.727 g
Sodium: 702.5 mg
- Main Dishes
- North American