Low-Calorie White Wine Spaghetti Recipe
Skinny Bitch Supper: Low-Cal Spaghetti With White Wine Sauce
You don't need heavy cream, butter, and cheese to create a satisfying pasta supper, and this vegan-friendly spaghetti recipe from The Skinny Bitch is proof. Fresh produce and a fragrant white wine and garlic sauce keep this recipe low in calories but rich in flavor and nutrients like vitamins A and C. Everyone at your table will enjoy this fresh supper — vegan or not!
Spaghetti With Spinach in a White Wine Garlic Sauce
From Skinny Bitch: The Everyday Cookbook by Kim Barnouin
- 1 box thin spaghetti, uncooked
3 tablespoons grapeseed oil, divided
5 medium white or cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 cups vegetable stock, divided
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
3 garlic cloves, minced
8 ounces fresh baby spinach
3 roma tomatoes, chopped into large pieces
1/2 cup white wine
Parsley leaves, to garnish
- In a large pot, boil water over high heat and cook the spaghetti according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add one tablespoon of the oil and the mushrooms, and sauté five to eight minutes until caramelized and golden. Add salt and pepper to taste, and cook one additional minute. Stir in two tablespoons of stock, and cook until stock is absorbed. Move the mushrooms to a small bowl.
- Add another tablespoon of the oil to the sauté pan and the onion. Sauté over medium heat for about 10 minutes, or until the onions are golden brown. Stir in garlic, and sauté two minutes, stirring constantly. Spoon the onion and garlic mixture into a small bowl.
- Return the pan to the stove over medium-high heat, and add the remaining oil. Add the spinach, and sauté until the spinach is wilted, about two minutes. Add two tablespoons of the stock, and cook until absorbed.
- Return the mushrooms, onion, and garlic. Then add the tomatoes to the pan with the spinach, and cook over medium-high heat.
- Add the white wine, and cook until reduced by two-thirds, stirring occasionally. Stir in the remaining stock, and cook for five minutes, until the sauce begins to reduce and thicken.
- Top the pasta with sauce, and toss to coat.
- Pasta, Main Dishes
- 6 servings
- Total Time
- 29 minutes, 59 seconds
- Calories per serving