High-protein, low-carb, gluten-free, totally delicious waffles: they exist. They're a thing. Try to contain your excitement (or don't, whichever you prefer).
If you're on team waffles and have been dissatisfied with protein pancakes, then this is the recipe for you. Using vanilla protein (this one uses the Tone It Up x Target variety) and almond meal in lieu of flour, you'll reduce carbs while upping protein, creating a gluten-free breakfast that'll give you the fuel you need for a great day (and a great workout).
And the best part about these — besides all the aforementioned health perks — is that you can create delicious flavor combos with the toppings, like tropical fruit, chocolate strawberry, blueberry lemon, or caramel apple. Mmmmm waffles.
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 scoop vanilla Tone It Up Protein
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon melted coconut oil
- 1 egg
- Combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl and mix well.
- Pour waffle mix into waffle iron.
- Once cooked, top waffles with your favorite fruit or toppings.
- Breakfast/Brunch, Pancakes/Waffles
- North American
- 3 waffles (1 waffle per serving)
- Cook Time
- 10 minutes