Skip the oven for this refreshing lunch! Offering 60 percent of your recommended fiber for the day, this antioxidant-rich rainbow salad aids in digestion and may even diminish belly fat. Chopped tomatoes, peppers, and radishes are tossed in a spicy lime dressing then neatly tucked into a halved avocado for a pretty presentation. With a mix of crunchy, creamy, cooling, and spicy ingredients, eating the rainbow has never tasted so good.
- Juice of one lime
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1/4 cup yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup baby tomatoes, sliced
- 3 radishes, diced
- 1 avocado, halved and seeded
- 1 tablespoon cotija cheese
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon scallion, chopped
- Combine lime juice, cayenne, and garlic in a small bowl. Add yellow bell pepper, tomatoes, and radishes to the bowl, and mix well.
- Set up your halved avocado on a plate, and scoop out extra flesh if necessary. Spoon your pepper and tomato salad mixture into the center of the avocado. Garnish with crumbled cotija cheese, scallions, and cilantro.
Source: Calorie Count
- Main Dishes
- North American
- Serves 1
- Total Time
- 10 minutes
- Calories per serving