For a warming dessert that satisfies, this easy apple and cranberry crisp is a must try. Vegans and nonvegans alike will love the traditional Fall flavors, crisp topping, and genius addition of pumpkin pie spice. Not only is this recipe deliciously dairy-free, it's also low-fat and high in manganese; this antioxidant aids in digestion and fatigue — perfect for that post-Thanksgiving food coma!
- 3 medium to large crisp red apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cups granola
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Combine the apples and cranberries and pour into an eight- or nine-inch-square baking dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the apple juice, flour, and pumpkin pie spice. Pour over the fruit. Sprinkle the granola evenly over the fruit and lightly press down.
- Bake until hot and bubbly, 40 to 45 minutes. Serve warm.
Source: Calorie Count
- North American
- Makes eight servings
- Total Time
- 50 minutes
- Calories per serving