Stay Healthy While You Travel With These Airplane Meal Hacks
What's available to eat on airplanes isn't always the healthiest — or even the most appetizing. Skip the galley food, and bring a few of these snack ideas on the plane for happy and healthy snacking.
- A bag of mixed nuts or homemade trail mix.
- A bag of instant soup (like this vegetarian, non-MSG miso soup) that you can add to a cup of hot water.
- Fruit like pears or apples you can toss in your bag to eat later. Take a container full of cut pineapple to aid in calming travel-related digestion woes.
- If you're trying to lose weight or counting calories, prepare a few snack packs split into 150-calorie portions, so you know exactly what you are eating. These 150-calorie snack ideas are easy to throw together and make great travel companions.
- Homemade energy bars for a quick, filling pick-me-up.
- Your favorite bags of herbal tea to help calm you during the flight.
- Dried fruits like mango, coconut, or pineapple for a quick energy boost.
- Healthy treats like a small bar of dark chocolate or Justin's chocolate hazelnut butter squeeze packs for when sugar cravings hit.
- Beef or turkey jerky packs to help you calm hunger pangs. We're partial to Krave Chili Lime.