Quads: Twisted Chair Pose
Yoga is great for toning the thighs, and Chair Pose does just that. Your thighs will burn after this move, also known as Fierce Pose. Like the wall sit, Chair Pose works your quads in a stretched position, and squeezing your legs together also gets the inner thighs. Adding the twist turns this pose into a multitasking move by working the abs too.
- Stand with your legs together and soften your knees. Reach your arms overhead and touch your palms together as you fold your chest down toward your knees.
- Hold this position as you drop your tailbone down in a small pulsing motion 10 to 15 times.
- Keep your legs squeezed together for support.
- Then cross your left elbow over your right thigh, and hold here for five breaths. Rise up back to center and twist to the left side for another five breaths.
- Repeat twice more on each side to complete one rep.