The last thing you want to do on a hot night is spend any time in a roasting kitchen. This simple pasta dish is the solution, with fresh basil and cherry tomatoes mingling together with crumbled mozzarella cheese. The dish is elegant yet so similar to the traditional slice of pizza, and it is ready to eat in just minutes.
The margherita pasta comes together with basil you can grow in your own kitchen thanks to Basil Garden-in-a-Bag from Potting Shed Creations, broiled tomatoes, and a sauce with browned garlic and anchovy paste.
- 1/2 pound angel hair pasta
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon chopped garlic
1/4 teaspoon anchovy paste
1 cup cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup basil, chopped
1/2 cup fresh mozzarella cheese, crumbled
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add the pasta, boiling until cooked through, around 8-10 minutes.
- While the pasta is boiling, add the olive oil, garlic, and anchovy paste to a small sauté pan over low heat, and cook until the garlic just starts to brown. Remove from heat.
- Place the cherry tomatoes on a foil-covered sheet pan and broil until the tops of the tomatoes just start to char, around 2 minutes.
- Place the pasta in a serving bowl and top with the chopped basil and hot cherry tomatoes along with any juices, which adds to the sauce. Pour over the olive oil, then top with the fresh mozzarella cheese. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Pasta/Noodle, Side Dishes
- North American
- 4 servings
- Total Time
- 9 minutes, 59 seconds