We've partnered with Weight Watchers to share lunch recipes that will keep your wellness plan on track. The brand new Weight Watchers Freestyle™ program now includes more than 200 foods that are zero SmartPoints®, from skinless chicken and turkey breast, to eggs, fish, seafood, beans, tofu, nonfat plain yogurt, and so much more! Now you can count less and enjoy more.
Spicy, sweet, and tangy, this salmon recipe is the perfect make-ahead office lunch to keep cravings at bay and your New Year's resolutions on track. As an added bonus, the fiber-rich dish is crammed with fresh, zero Points® salmon to keep you full until dinner and features an aromatic blend of spices to set your taste buds singing. If you're stumped about what to pack for lunch tomorrow, this satisfying recipe has you (and your wellness goals) covered!
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon minced ginger
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon sambal oelek (hot chili sauce)
1 1/2 pounds uncooked farmed skinless salmon fillets, (4 6-ounce pieces)
3 ounces (about 4 stalks) rinsed and halved uncooked bok choy
8 ounces fresh stemmed and halved shiitake mushrooms
3 cup shredded red cabbage
1/4 cup uncooked chopped scallions
2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
1. In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, vinegar, oil, garlic, ginger, honey, and hot chili sauce; add salmon and let marinate at room temperature for 15 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 450°F. Line two baking pans with aluminum foil and coat foil with cooking spray (or just coat pans with cooking spray).
3. Place salmon on center of one prepared pan; reserve marinade.
4. Add bok choy to marinade; toss to coat and place around salmon.
5. Add mushrooms and cabbage to marinade; toss to coat and spread on second prepared baking pan.
6. Place pan with salmon on top rack and place other pan on bottom rack; roast until salmon is cooked through and vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes. Serve garnished with scallions and sesame seeds.
Serving size: Yields 1 salmon fillet, 1 baby bok choy, 1/2 cup mushrooms/cabbage, 1 tablespoon scallions, and 1/2 tablespoon sesame seeds per serving.
- Main Dishes
- North American
- Serves 4
- Total Time
- 49 minutes, 59 seconds