I get emotional just thinking of what to make with crescent roll dough. That's why, when I thought of the brilliant idea of snuggling a Cadbury Creme Egg inside a blanket of crescent roll dough and baking it up to gooey perfection, I practically leaped to the store to gather the goods. The finished product is just as absurdly tasty as you could imagine. The buttery, salty roll paves the way to rich milk chocolate. I think these taste like chocolate glazed doughnuts . . . inverted.
- 8 regular-size Cadbury Creme Eggs
- 1 can crescent roll dough
- Freeze Cadbury Eggs for 15 minutes so they firm up a bit. Then, remove from freezer and unwrap foil.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Pop crescent roll dough container and lay dough out flat on a cutting board. Place 1 Cadbury Egg along the shortest triangle edge of each piece of dough. Carefully tear each piece away using the perforated lines. Wrap the dough around the Cadbury Egg and fold the side edges over the top. Place each Cadbury croissant on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, or according to package directions. Some Cadbury Egg may ooze out. Don't worry. Your croissants will still be delicious. Serve warm.
- Desserts, Candy
- North American
- 8 rolls
- Total Time
- 20 minutes