This insanely simple recipe from Homemaking Hacks is the easiest way to enjoy a hearty, homecooked dinner without piling up the dishes or grocery lists.
Have more things piled on your to-do list? Hope you're out and about having more fun and enjoying at least a tiny bit of warmth. As with the turn of every season, there is always some adjustment to new schedules and things to do and get used to. I've personally been playing around with some minimalist slow-cooker dinner recipe ideas. This was the first time using portobello mushrooms (baby bellas in this case) in my slow cooker, but it sure won't be the last. I just love them cooked almost any way, but they really add a lot to this very simple recipe.
With only three ingredients, plus some salt and pepper, this is a no-fuss simple dinner idea. If you are a mushroom-lover, you will adore this quick fix!
- 1 pint of baby bellas (or equivalent in sliced portobello mushrooms)
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds boneless chicken tenderloins or sliced chicken breast
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place chicken in the bottom of slow cooker, evenly dump the mushrooms on top, and then cover with the cream of chicken soup. Sprinkle desired amount of salt and pepper on top. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours. Do a taste test to determine if your dish could use a little more salt and pepper. Enjoy!
- Main Dishes
- North American
- Serves 3-4