We've long awaited a taste of Dunkin' Donuts Mocha Oreos, and they're finally here! Available on store shelves nationwide starting on July 3, this inventive cookie flavor combines two of the best things ever: Oreos and Dunkin' Donuts coffee. With two well-loved brands behind this grocery store snack, our taste testers' expectations were understandably high. Would the beloved flavor of Dunkin' Donuts coffee really come through without overpowering the original flavor of the Oreo cookie? Here's a breakdown of how this creation really tastes.
First things first: this is definitely a chocolate-lover's cookie. The crunchy chocolate Oreo cookie plus the mocha-inspired filling means cocoa overload, and in a good way. Strong-coffee aficionados will not be disappointed by the level of coffee flavoring in this creme filling, either. It's more than apparent, and the bitter kick of espresso is especially prevalent when you lick the icing on its own (and isn't that the best way to eat an Oreo anyway?). It's safe to say this cookie collaboration has met our resident experts' expectations, and we're already calling the fact that this will be one of the best Oreo flavors of 2017. Read on for a list of reviewers' comments straight from the self-proclaimed Oreo experts themselves (aka POPSUGAR editors), and prepare to grab a package of these ASAP.
- "The chocolate cookie mellows out the strong espresso flavor."
- "I like the extra chocolate flavor in the filling; it really does taste like a mocha."
- "I couldn't eat more than a couple because they're so rich, but so good!"
- "The coffee flavor kind of comes afterward, which I like."
- "Not artificial tasting and love the burst of coffee."