- 2 (4-ounce) sticks salted butter
3 cups salted pretzels, finely crushed
1 cup plus 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
3 limes, zested, plus 1/2 cup of juice
2 tablespoons white rum
3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint, plus sprigs for garnish
2 cups heavy cream
- In a medium skillet, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Stir in the pretzels and 2 tablespoons sugar, and cook until lightly toasted, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl to cool slightly.
- Once the crust is cool enough to handle, press it into the bottom and sides of 2 (8-inch) pie pans. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese on medium speed, scraping down the sides of the bowl, until fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Mix in the remaining 1 1/4 cups sugar on low speed, then gradually mix in the lime peel, lime juice, rum, and chopped mint.
- In a separate bowl, beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Fold into the cream cheese mixture.
- Divide the cream cheese mixture evenly among the pie pans; smooth the tops. Cover with plastic wrap, and freeze for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- To serve, top with a mint sprig.
- North American
- 2 (8-inch) pies