Brownies might be the solution to all problems. The gooey chocolate center, lightly crisp outside edges, and the perfect sweetness make them a soul-saving bite. This recipe comes together quickly with delicious results.
- 4 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup butter, melted
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup cocoa
1/2 cup flour
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 325ºF.
- Whip the eggs in a medium-sized mixing bowl on high for around 3 minutes, or until they are light yellow and fluffy.
- Add the sugars, vanilla, salt, and mix until incorporated.
- Mix the flour and cocoa together and gently fold into the eggs until just barely incorporated.
- Slowly add the melted butter while stirring.
- Fold in the chocolate chips then pour the batter into a greased and floured 9-by-13-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until just set in the center.
- Remove and let cool before cutting and serving.
- For extra sweetness, dust with powdered sugar.
- Desserts, Brownies
- North American
- 16 brownies
- Total Time
- 59 minutes, 59 seconds