- For the Cupcake:
- 2 boxes Ghirardelli Double Chocolate Brownie Mix
4 large eggs
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups water
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup Unsweetened Ghirardelli Cocoa Powder
2 tsp. baking powder
- For the Chocolate Whipped Cream:
- 1 bag of semisweet chocolate chips
2 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
1/3 cup whole milk
For the Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Grease your pan well.
- Measure out the oil and water.
- Add the oil, water, and eggs into the mixing bowl.
- Measure out the flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder.
- Add the brownie mix to the mixing bowl with the liquid ingredients.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder to the mixing bowl.
- Using a paddle attachment, mix the ingredients together until well mixed. Scrape with a spatula halfway through mixing.
- Pour the batter into the top of the cupcake mold first until about 2 centimeters from the top.
- Add the rest of the batter into the base of the cupcake mold.
- Bake the cake for approximately 50-60 minutes.
For the Chocolate Whipped Cream:
- Measure out the chocolate into a heat-resistant bowl.
- In a small saucepan, bring the heavy whipping cream and whole milk to a boil.
- Once the heavy cream and milk come to a boil, pour over the chocolate.
- From the center of the bowl, begin whisking in a circular motion out toward the edges of the bowl.
- Mix until the mixture is homogeneous and the chocolate has melted.
- Pour into a container and leave overnight in the refrigerator.
- The next day, pour the contents into a mixing bowl and whip until it reaches stiff peaks.
- Once the cake is fully baked, removed the cake while it is still a little warm.
- Allow the cake to cool completely.
- Once the cake has cooled completely, cut off the top of the base so that it is completely flat.
- Next, cut off the bottom of the top, to make the bottom completely flat.
- Put a small amount of chocolate whipped cream on top of the base. Place the top onto the base, with the tip facing up.
- Pipe the remaining whipped cream on top of the cupcake. Smooth out the edges if desired.
- Decorate with 60% chocolate chips and white chips.
- Desserts, Cupcakes
- North American
- 1 cupcake
- Total Time
- 59 minutes, 59 seconds