With a no-bake base and a three-ingredient caramel topping, these mason jar cheesecakes are like a dream. With the gooey, salty topping and a rich, creamy base, the combination will blow your guests' minds at your next gathering.
- For the cheesecake
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla Greek yogurt, strained
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 .25-ounce packet unflavored gelatin
- 8 4-ounce mason jars
- For the caramel sauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup cream
- Blend together the graham cracker crumbs and the butter, creating the crumble base. Spoon mixture into the bottom of the 4-ounce mason jars and press, forming the crust to the cheesecakes.
- Using a hand mixer, whip together the strained Greek vanilla yogurt and cream cheese until smooth.
- Bring the water to a boil and add the unflavored gelatin, mixing until it has dissolved and the mixture is smooth.
- Slowly add the warm gelatin to the cheesecake batter, whipping once again until smooth. Evenly distribute the batter between the jars and then place in the fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight to set.
- For the sauce, place the sugar in a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Whisk until the sugar has completely melted, turning into a rich, gold liquid.
- Remove from heat and add the butter. It will bubble, so stand back while whisking to avoid burns.
- Once the butter is incorporated, slowly stream in the cream, whisking again until the caramel sauce comes together. Pour into a glass jar and let cool.
- Top each mini cheesecake with the caramel sauce and a touch of sea salt before serving. Or screw on the lids and pop in the fridge for later transport!
- Desserts, Cheesecake
- North American
- 8 4-ounce cheesecakes