Who says you can't have pizza for breakfast? That's why we partnered with Pillsbury for this post.
Breakfast foods that combine things you love, like pizza, are wonderfully delicious. This simple recipe combines so many delectable things — and you can make several at the same time. The next time you're hosting brunch you can wow guests without making a big fuss in the kitchen.
- 1 tube refrigerated pizza crust
1 cup ricotta cheese
1 tablespoon chopped basil leaves
1/2 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat your oven to 400ºF.
- Place the crust on a lightly oiled large baking tray, pressing it into a 15x10-inch rectangle.
- Use a butter knife to cut the rectangle into 6 even rectangles, lightly separating the dough and raising the edges.
- Evenly divide the ricotta cheese between the rectangles, spreading to the edges.
- Sprinkle with the basil and chopped cherry tomatoes, trying to keep items to the edges of the pizzas, leaving the centers open for the egg.
- Bake in the oven for 7 minutes then remove.
- Carefully crack an egg and place in the center of each pizza. The egg white may run, but you can always trim them later. Place back into the oven until the eggs are just set.
- Remove and sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese and bake for 1 more minute.
- Serve while hot.
- Eggs, Breakfast/Brunch
- North American
- 6 servings
- Total Time
- 19 minutes, 59 seconds