We've partnered with The Original Donut Shop® Coffee to help you #havemorefun with your coffee break by adding an indulgent slice of coffee-infused lava cake that will pair perfectly with your java.
Dense, moist, and crammed full of gooey goodness, molten chocolate cake is nearly perfect to begin with. However, adding a shot of flavorful The Original Donut Shop® Coffee Regular is a game changer for this classic recipe. If you're looking for the perfect dessert to pair with your coffee, this chocolate confection takes the cake!
- 6 ounces butter, at room temperature and diced, plus more for ramekins
6 ounces semisweet baking chocolate
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons The Original Donut Shop® Coffee Regular, cooled to room temperature
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
Zest of an orange, to garnish
Powdered sugar, to garnish
- Make The Original Donut Shop® Coffee and set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and butter four individual ramekins. Set aside.
- Melt chocolate on a low flame in a double boiler until liquid smooth.
- Meanwhile in a bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar until it starts to whiten and foam up.
- Once chocolate is melted, remove from the heat and add in the butter, coffee, and cinnamon. Keep mixing until all of the butter is melted and the spices are incorporated. Fold the chocolate mixture into the eggs and then add the flour and keep mixing until incorporated.
- Pour batter into the prepared ramekins and bake for approximately 8-10 minutes or until the outside is set. Immediately tip the ramekins upside down onto a dessert plate and garnish with powdered sugar and orange zest. Serve immediately.
- North American
- Serves 4
- Total Time
- 24 minutes, 59 seconds