Mastering a simple dish that looks so elegant is something everyone should have in their cooking repertoire. That's why we partnered with JCPenney for this post.
When hosting brunch or a casual dinner, it's so nice to not have to stress about dishes with lots of steps. What's so wonderful about this creamy dish is it comes together in one skillet that you can take directly to the table. The salty-crisp prosciutto works alongside bitter kale, finishing with the soft bite of the gnocchi. Really, so good.
- 1 shallot, sliced
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1/4 pound prosciutto
1 bunch kale, chopped, around 2 cups
1 package potato gnocchi
1 teaspoon butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon flour
1/2 cup cream
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- Place a large stockpot of salted water over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Place the shallots and garlic in a pan with the vegetable oil and sauté until soft. Add the prosciutto and let cook until lightly browned. Remove from the pan.
- Add the kale to the saucepan and stir, letting it soak up the deliciousness from the toasted prosciutto and garlic. Cook until soft, around 2 minutes.
- Add the gnocchi to the water and let cook through. They'll pop to the top when they're ready.
- Strain and add the gnocchi to the kale along with the butter and salt, stirring until coated. Sprinkle in the flour and stir again, cooking the flour for a minute or two.
- Pour in the cream and bring the sauce to a simmer, letting it thicken for a couple of minutes. Remove from heat and add the cheeses.
- Sprinkle over the prosciutto and then dollop in the ricotta cheese. You're ready to eat!
- Main Dishes
- North American
- 4 servings
- Total Time
- 19 minutes, 59 seconds