Peanut Butter Energy Bites
From Sarah Lipoff, POPSUGAR Food
You can use creamy or crunchy peanut butter for these bites.
- For the bites:
- 1 cup oatmeal
3/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tablespoon vanilla protein powder
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1 tablespoon raisins, chopped
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- For the coating:
- 1 cup shredded coconut, slivered almonds, or chopped peanuts for rolling bites
- Add the oats, peanut butter, cocoa powder, protein powder, honey, chia seeds, raisins, and cinnamon into a large mixing bowl.
- Use a wooden spoon to incorporate the ingredients until the dough comes together. It will be loose but clumpy.
- Cover a sheet tray with the coconut, almonds, or chopped peanuts or even a combination of all three.
- Roll the bites into golf-ball-size balls, squeezing to form together, then gently toss them on the sheet tray to coat. Press the coating as needed so it sticks.
- Line a storage container with wax paper and layer in the refrigerator. Let set for 1 hour before enjoying.
- North American
- 12 to 15 bites
- Total Time
- 9 minutes, 59 seconds
Image Source: Shutterstock