- 12 Black Mission figs, halved vertically
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
3 tablespoons honey
2-3 ounces fresh goat cheese
Flaky sea salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- While the oven preheats, melt the butter in a small saucepan, along with the balsamic vinegar, honey, and a hefty pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook about 5 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Place the figs, cut side up, in a baking dish the size of a pie pan. Top each fig half with a 1/2 teaspoon to 1 teaspoon of goat cheese. Drizzle the balsamic vinegar syrup over the figs.
- Roast in the oven until very soft, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Arrange on a platter and sprinkle with flaky salt.
- Fruit, Appetizers
- North American
- Serves 6-8